- OPSEU Rainford Jackson Education and Development Award (2005)
- National Addictions Awareness Award from the Sioux Lookout Substance Abuse Committee for work with local youth (2002)
- Top nominee for Canadian Race Relations Foundation Award of Excellence (2001 & 2003)
- J.S. Woodsworth Award for race relations work in Ontario (2001)
- B'Nai Brith Canada's League for Human Rights Media Human Rights Award (1997)
OPSEU President Leah Casselman with SLARC's Terry Lynne Jewell and Barb Carpenter after presenting them with the award.
(Photo courtesy of OPSEU.)